Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary cruise line and destination with The Finest Cuisine at Sea, reaches new heights of creativity and variety with the introduction of an elevated, innovative bar program on the 1,200-guest Vista that will debut on May 20, 2023.
Vista, the first of the all-new brand’s Allura-class ships, will feature the latest cocktail trends and techniques such as flavored smoke bubbles, a wide selection of low-sugar and sugar-free wines and non-proof cocktails, plus barrel-aged Negronis and specialty beverage carts such as Bubbli Bar and Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar.
“At Oceania Cruises, we continually strive to raise the bar in every aspect of our luxury cruise experience, with food and beverage at the top of the list,” said Howard Sherman, president, and CEO of Oceania Cruises. “As Vista will present a fresh take on the finest cuisine at sea with a stunning array of culinary options ranging from casual to extravagant, it’s only fitting that we create a bar program to match.”
From new spirits selections and a wide range of mocktails to new pairing menus and the introduction of The Moet & Chandon Champagne Experience, our teams have really outdone themselves.”
“To develop the new Vista bar program, I worked hand-in-hand with our culinary team to bring naturally-sourced ingredients into our cocktail-making processes, such as making house-made syrups and reductions,” said Daniella Oancea, Oceania’s corporate beverage manager. Cruises.
“At Vista, drinking will be an experience in itself – from the beauty of watching a skilled bartender smoke an Old Fashioned to making an espresso martini at the table.”
New Concepts Including Immersive Mixology Experiences
A cornerstone of Vista’s bar program will be immersive, experiential beverage offerings including specialty beverage carts like The Bubbly Bar, which will serve exclusive Champagne cocktails, and The Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar, where guests can DIY their perfect brunch accompaniment. In addition, guests will savor:
- The Casino Mixology Bar is a brand new concept on Vista, focused entirely on the art of the cocktail. Boasting a unique selection of bourbons and ryes in addition to tableside preparation of cocktails and spirits, the bar will likely become an Instagram favorite for serving readymade Negronis straight from the barrel and awesome “Flavor Blaster Gun” cocktails that are topped off with vapor-filled bubbles with aromatic flavors.
- Martinis, Oceania Cruises’ signature bar onboard, is refreshing its namesake cocktail with a new spirits selection of Mermaid Gin and Vodka, handcrafted from ethically sourced botanicals on the Isle of Wight. Either shaken or stirred, the new martini menu features a collection that gives tribute to some of the greatest names in Hollywood such as Lady Hepburn, Bogard’s Casablanca, Blue Eyes Sinatra, and Notorious Bond.
- Baristas, a favorite spot onboard for delicious coffee, will introduce a new drink menu featuring innovative cocktails that incorporate Amari, an Italian herbal liqueur, in addition to ready-to-drink Italian selections like Crodino, San Pellegrino cocktails and Campari sodas.
Complementing the Finest Cuisine at Sea
With food comes to drink and the new beverage concepts in Vista’s restaurants do not disappoint. Taking a fresh perspective to complement The Finest Cuisine at Sea, a wide range of guilt-free and craft offerings are in the mix.
- The Aquamar Kitchen, a new concept aboard Vista serving lean and healthy cuisine, will focus its beverage selection on low- and no-alcohol options. Lyre, the leading producer of non-alcoholic spirits in the world, will bring its naturally sourced spirits to Vista including Dry London Gin, American Malt Whisky, White Cane Spirit Rum, and Amalfi Spritz. Aquamar Kitchen will also offer elegant non-alcoholic “wines” from Pierre Zéro and the drink menu will include cocktails such as a Skinny Mimosa, Innocent Kir, Pure Amalfi Spritz, Passion Fruit Colada, Dark and Spicy, and NO-Groni.
- Ember, the signature addition to Oceania Cruises’ family of restaurants, will feature a culinary menu of inventive American creations blended with time-honored classics. To pair, here guests will find unique wines, crafted beers, ryes and bourbons, and themed cocktails ranging from long drinks to more aperitif style ones like California Dreaming, First Avenue, Sicilian Godfather, and Tennessee Nights.
- Red Ginger, Oceania Cruises’ extraordinary Pan-Asian venue, will feature a focused menu of beverages to complement its acclaimed dishes including Asian beers, a variety of sake styles, and cocktails celebrating Asian flavors such as ginger, turmeric, coriander, and lychee. Must-try new drinks include Tokyo Whisper, Oriental Pear Mule, Asia Daisy, Namaste and Hanoi Nights.
Inspired Partnerships for Exquisite Pairings Menus
Champagne has come to define the most captivating, jubilant and extraordinary moments of our lives. With the launch of Vista comes the debut of a most exquisite new pairing experience.
- Moët & Chandon Champagne Experience, making its debut on Vista, is a delectable three-course pairing extravaganza featuring rare vintages. Guests will start with a Mediterranean sea bass tartar paired with the mature 2013 Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Brut, followed by a duck foie gras terrine accompanied by the silky Moët & Chandon Nectar Imperial Champagne and finished with a cured beef tenderloin coupled with the elegant and refined Moët & Chandon Imperial Rose Champagne.
- Connoisseur Wine Pairing Lunches will be another addition to Vista with two carefully crafted epicurean journeys from which to choose. Menus include five different Mediterranean-influenced dishes paired with a premium range of wines. The head sommelier along with bar, restaurant, and galley teams, will explain each course pairing concept and their flavor profiles.
- Dom Pérignon Experience, a signature Oceania Cruises experience since 2019, will be showcased on Vista as part of the intimate dining venue Privée. The six-course tasting menu is a must-have meal for every connoisseur of Champagnes and all true gourmands. Each of the three Champagne vintages is effortlessly paired with two courses which are specifically crafted to bring out the nuances of the grapes and the ratio of the blend, playing off every aspect from a subtle, effervescent nose to a lively, satisfying finish. Courses include scallops Rossini with mole negro followed by black truffle risotto, Brittany blue lobster in a yellow curry broth with coconut foam, seared sashimi-style wagyu beef with octopus tempura, culminating with sakura tea geisha flower ice cream topped with lemon caviar.