Norwegian Cruise Line the innovator in global cruise travel, today revealed the exciting lineup of its popular Meet the Winemaker series, the one-of-a-kind program featuring renowned winemakers and culinary experts bringing their knowledge and expertise to an intimate group of guests on board the Company’s newest ships. A popular program featuring winemakers and culinary experts on its newest ships, for the seventh year in a row.
“Our Meet the Winemaker series is back and better than ever,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “Each year we aim to improve this exclusive experience and I believe we have done just that as we enter the seventh year of the program with an impressive line-up of guests.”
“These unique sailings offer a rare opportunity to meet esteemed winemakers and their wine collection in person, all while visiting multiple destinations and enjoying an unforgettable vacation aboard our innovative fleet.”
MORE ABOUT MEET THE WINNER
The Meet the Winemaker series gives guests a first look at what winemakers and chefs do on a daily basis.
Guests will join seminars, activities, wine tastings, wine pairing dinners, interactive culinary demonstrations and onboard encounters.
Guests can also purchase wines on board that are otherwise only available by visiting the wineries directly.
MEET THE WINNER SERIES 2023 TEAM
Master Blender at Johnnie Walker, the highest rank in whiskey making.
She has spent more than a decade perfecting the processes of whiskey production, maturation and blending.
She leads the Johnnie Walker team of whiskey experts based in Munster, Scotland.
Emma will join on September 17, 2023, sailing on NCL’s award-winning new ship, Norwegian Prima, in Northern Europe for NCL’s first Johnnie Walker cruise.
On this cruise, guests can learn the history of the brand and enjoy a wide range of aged whiskeys.
Chef Ashley is the Executive Chef at Certified Angus Beef, one of the top beef brands in the country, and is featured throughout the NCL fleet at its specialty restaurant, Cagney’s.
Ashley began her career studying at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute and has worked for numerous celebrity chefs such as Gordon Ramsay.
She will join returning winemaker Antonio Hidalgo on July 9, 2023, sailing Norwegian Encore to Alaska.
Miguel is a fourth-generation winemaker.
He pioneered the planting of Cabernet Sauvignon in Spain, creating “Mas la Plana” in 1970.
He will come on Norwegian Encore for an Eastern Caribbean voyage on April 9, 2023.
Celebrity chef Aaron Sanchez, world-class winemaker and member of historic fashion house Salvatore Ferragamo, Napa Valley icon Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi family estate, and The Drinks Business 2023 Master Winemaker of the Year Gerard Bertrand will host the series.
2023 MEET THE WINE SETTINGS:
– April 2, 2023 – Norwegian Bliss, Mexican Riviera: Featuring award-winning celebrity chef and TV personality Aaron Sanchez
– April 9, 2023 – Norwegian Encore, Eastern Caribbean: With Fourth Generation Winemaker Miguel Torres
– April 22, 2023* – Norwegian Bliss, Alaska: Introducing world-class winemaker Salvatore Ferragamo of Il Boro Estate in Tuscany, Italy, who produces world-class wines
– June 10, 2023* – Norwegian Bliss, Alaska: Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite Wine Dinner Hosted by Special Guest: Diane Flamand
– July 9, 2023* – Norwegian Encore, Alaska: Featuring Antonio Hidalgo of globally acclaimed, family-owned Spanish Sherry house, Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana and Certified Angus Beef® Executive Chef Ashley Breneman
– September 17, 2023 – Norway Hosts Northern Europe: Meet Master Blender Emma Walker of Johnnie Walker
– October 22, 2023 – Norwegian Escape, Bermuda: Featuring Michael Mondavi of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate
– October 28, 2023 – Norvegian Joi, Western Caribbean: Featuring Gerard Bertrand, winner of The Drinks Business Master Winemaker of the Year 2023.
– October 29, 2023 – Norwegian Escape, Bermuda: With Randy Ulom of the Kendall-Jackson Family