MSC Meraviglia – MSC Cruises’ award-winning Meraviglia-class ship has arrived at her new homeport of New York City at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. The vessel will be the Company’s first to be deployed to New York with sailings throughout the year.
An operation that further strengthens the presence of MSC Cruises in the North American market and is part of the Company’s commitment to growth in the territory, with the aim of offering a greater number of embarkation ports in the United States, together with the rich choice of ships and itineraries departing from both Port Miami and Port Canaveral/Orlando Florida.
New York offers incredible flight connections for international guests, and for those who want to make the most of the Big Apple, MSC Cruises offers “Stay & Cruise” packages with the option to stay up to three nights in New York before setting sail. A selection of hotels is available, including the Hotel Riu Plaza Manhattan, the Hotel Riu Plaza Times Square, and the Park Central Hotel.
As part of the package, guests will enjoy a complimentary guided tour of Manhattan and its landmarks before boarding the ship. To complete the offer, the hotel staff can book other excursions, from a standard “city tour” to a special evening excursion.
MSC Meraviglia’s mix of itineraries, ranging from 6 to 11 nights, have been strategically designed to take advantage of New York’s geographical flexibility, so guests can soak up the Caribbean sun during the spring and winter seasons, head to Bermuda during the summer or head north to see Canada’s natural beauty in the fall.
MSC Meraviglia itineraries from New York include:
- Bahama and Florida – 7 to 11-night tropical cruises with a selection of destinations including Miami and Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Bahamas; Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico.
- Bermuda – Starting in August, guests can enjoy 5- and 6-night cruises at Kings Wharf in Bermuda, with several days in port to explore the beauty of the island.
- Canada and New England – Just in time for autumn, MSC Meraviglia will offer 10 and 11-night itineraries calling at Newport, Boston and Portland in the USA and Saint John, Halifax, Charlottetown and Sydney in Canada.
At 315 meters long and 65 meters high, with an impressive 19 decks and a capacity of 5,700 guests, MSC Meraviglia is a vacation destination in its own right, packed with innovative features to deliver an unforgettable experience:
- 10 different types of staterooms to choose from, including solo staterooms, popular balcony staterooms and elegant accommodations in the MSC Yacht Club – the ‘ship within a ship’ with butler service, along with signature restaurants, lounges and pool areas.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade with shops, restaurants and bars that extends over 90 meters and is flanked by an impressive LED sky screen.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the famous Butcher’s Cut Steakhouse and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- There are indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, a water park, and a ropes course.
- Seven different shows in the 985-seat Broadway Theater and the famous Carousel Lounge.
- The expansive MSC Aurea Spa, offers massages, body treatments, facials and a dedicated spa area.
- 557 square meter gym with state-of-the-art equipment by Technogym™, framed by floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the main pool deck.
- MSC Kids’ Club for children aged 0 to 17, with areas dedicated to babies, children, teenagers, and teenagers, as well as the Lego® Experience.
MSC Meraviglia is equipped with innovative technologies and solutions to minimize environmental impact. These include an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; intelligent heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to recover heat from machinery spaces; LED lighting and smart devices for significant energy savings. This is part of MSC Cruises’ commitment to providing guests with the best sea vacation experiences in a sustainable way.