Celebrity Cruises and its crew celebrate the end of an exceptional and highly successful year in 2022. With the year drawing to a close, the cruise line shares what lies ahead in 2023 in its latest crew newsletter, The World at Your Service.
With five remaining ships continuing to operate (Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Infiniti), 2022 marked the return of the entire Celebrity Cruises fleet to service. The third Edge-class ship, Celebrity Beyond captained by Kate McCue, entered service in April 2022. Celebrity Beyond made history by becoming the first cruise ship to enter the world of the Metaverse on December 14, as WONDERVERSE, offering an innovative experience that puts web users in a cruise experience.
Around 18,000 crew members, this year welcomed 538,000 guests sailing on 15 Celebrity cruise ships.
The company announced that it achieved the highest revenue on board in the brand’s history, won numerous awards, and completed the official evaluations of the Forbes Travel Guide.
“This year has been phenomenal and it’s a direct result of everything you do, our amazing team.” Celebrity Cruises said in a newsletter
We look forward to 2023
2023 will be another exciting year for Celebrity Cruises. Here are some of the things the company expects to achieve in 2023:
- Opening of the ship 4. Edge Class, Celebrity Ascent
- Upgrade of 50% of the fleet with Premium Starlink internet service
- New productions for Ascent and for the fleet
- Go Green initiatives enhanced by Shore Power and new technologies
- Official announcement of Forbes Travel Guide rating results
- Relaunch of the World, on service 2.0 with updated content of culture and values
- Another record year for NPS
- Fresh menus for Ascent and existing F&B outlets
- Continue to lead with diversity and inclusiveness in mind in every area
“We couldn’t be more excited to welcome the new year as we look forward to bringing all these exciting initiatives to fruition together.” As we learned with our celebrity values, none of the above can be achieved without exceptional people moving in the same direction, aligned around the same vision and committed to achieving the goal we set before us. When we “play as a team,” our success comes from every individual this company employs; and as leaders, we know our success comes from the team we lead,” Celebrity Cruises said in a crew newsletter.