To honor International Beer Day, which is today, Carnival Cruise Line has announced a new beer that will be served fleetwide: ParchedPig Beach Lager.
The cruise line describes the new beer as a “sharp, refreshing golden ale” that is available in cans at bars and restaurants, as well as on tap at select locations.
Carnival recommends trying ParchedPig Beach Lager, brewed by Carnival’s brewing team, with Guy’s Burger or BlueIguana Soft Tacos.
Continuing its partnership with Lakeland, Florida-based Brew Hub, Carnival was the first cruise line in 2019 to brew and bottle its own private-label beers brewed by its own brewing team, shortly after introducing its own brewery to the boat Carnival Vista 2016.
“Beach Lager is the perfect complement to our Carnival Braves line. “Lagers are very popular with our guests, so creating this delicious addition and expanding it to the entire fleet was a logical next step for us,” said Edward Allen, Carnival’s vice president of beverage production.
“We are pleased to build on our successful partnership with Brew Hub and are proud to build on our industry-leading efforts as the first cruise line to pack and bottle its own beers brewed by our in-house brewery team.”
Beach Lager joins other beer favorites now available on Carnival cruise ships:
• ThirstiFrog Caribbean Wheat: An unfiltered wheat beer flavored with orange and spices.
• ThirstiFrog Red – Bright, clean, foamy, and a bit bold, this craft beer offers balanced character and a hint of roasted malt.
• ParchedPig West Coast IPA – The epitome of a traditional West Coast Indian Pale Ale, this rich, hoppy ale is full of bitterness with a bright flavor profile and distinctive aromas of citrus and pine.
• ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale – Known for its rich amber color and notes of toasted caramel and biscuit, this ale is well-balanced, smooth, and very easy to drink.
• Carnival Birthday Beer – A refreshing, medium-hopped lager brewed especially by the Carnival Brews Team to celebrate its 50th birthday.